SDSURF requires that all employees are extremely careful at all times when traveling or operating a motor vehicle.
- Foreign Travel
- Auto Insurance & Use of Vehicles on Foundation Business (PDF Format, 2.58MB)*
- Certificate of Auto Insurance (PDF Format, 82KB)*
- Property and Casualty Insurance Policies & Procedures
Student Off Campus Trip Guidelines
The CSU Risk Management Policy (Executive Order 715) addresses and recommends practices for all off-campus activities.
- Waiver of Liability Form (PDF Format, 154KB)*
- Develop a detailed itinerary of the trip. Meet with all participants ahead of time to familiarize them with the itinerary as well as any expectations you have of them and specific risks associated with the trip.
- If any trip activities require special skills, be sure to provide the necessary orientation and training to the participants.
- Have all participants sign an Assumption of Risk Form.
- Obtain from all participants before the trip the names of emergency contacts to call should an emergency occur and a list of participants' medical conditions which might require emergency care or special treatment. Trip leader should keep a copy of this list and the emergency contact names and one copy should remain with someone on campus who has a copy of your itinerary and would know where to locate you if necessary. Bring along a cell phone.
- Report all incidents of injury (of consequence) to the SDSURF Department of Risk Management at (619) 594-4139.
*Note: Documents in Portable Document format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or higher to view. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader