SDSU Research Foundation incorporates numerous procedures to protect it against unplanned or accidental losses or to minimize losses resulting from these events. These procedures could involve numerous functions for example:
- avoiding or not participating in the activity if it is too risky
- transferring the responsibility of possible losses for certain activities to a third party by requiring
- Request for Insurance Certificate / Additional Insured Form (PDF Format, 166KB)* with an attached endorsement naming the foundation as an additional insured.
- Indemnity agreements and waivers
- or assuming responsibility for foreseeable losses by purchases property and casualty insurance.
*Note: Documents in Portable Document format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or higher to view. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader